svg loader




No Test Required for Utah Contractor License

New Utah Rules Allow For Certain Sub-Contractor License Classifications To Be Licensed Without Any Testing.

To learn more about getting your license please contact one of our experts at 801-467-1900 or contact us online to get started.

Call: 801-467-1900

Business Setup

We help you set up your business, choose the right entity type and begin the licensing process.

DOPL Application

We will complete and submit all DOPL Applications to the State of Utah the right way, the first time.

25-Hour Course

We provide accommodations to complete your required 25-hour pre licensure course through a trusted partner.


Contractor’s School has assisted over ten thousand people to receive and maintain their Utah Contractors License in the past 20 years.

Utah Contractor's One Stop Shop

Obtaining a Utah contractor’s license is just the beginning of our success formula. Our company also offers contractors:

All of our licensed contractor school services are designed to keep your business protected, strong, and growing. We are the only one-stop licensed contractor school of its kind!

For more information on obtaining your Utah contractor license, call us at 801.467.1900. If you’re interested in becoming a contractor in Utah, get your contractor license now!

Frequent QuestionsNeed More Information Cal:l 801-467-1900

What is a General Contractor?

A general contractor is responsible for the overall coordination of a project. They are responsible for providing all of the material, labor, equipment, and services necessary for the construction project.

Q: Why does the State of Utah require that I obtain a Utah Contractor's License for plumbing, electrical, or inspecting?

The Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing (D.O.P.L.) is the state agency that controls and regulates state licensing. D.O.P.L. requires a Utah Contractor’s License for electricians, plumbers, inspectors and all other licensed occupations to protect the general public from fraud, misrepresentation, and safety issues for a Utah contractor’s license.

What are the experience requirements for each Utah contractor license, according to the Utah Contractor's Board?

E100-General Engineering, B100-General Building, R100-Residential & Small Commercial Building:

    A minimum of 2 years full-time experience working for a licensed contractor is required, one of which needs to be in a supervisory or management position.

S220-Carpentry, S280-Roofing, S290-Masonry, S320-Steel Erection, S350-HVAC, S360-Refrigeration, S370-Fire Suppression Systems:

    A minimum of two years of full-time experience is required.

The experience must be verified on the Affidavit of Experience form provided by D.O.P.L. with an employer’s signature.

Which Utah contractor's license classifications should I apply for?

There are over 50 Utah contractor’s license classifications you may apply for. You need to decide which classification is right for you depending on what you have at least 2 years of W-2’ed experience in. Give us a call and we can help you determine which Utah contractor license is best suited to your experience.

Get Started TodayContact Us By Phone or Email

Talk To An Expert 801-467-1900